Warning: preg_match_all(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 32 in /homepages/6/d593341166/htdocs/clickandbuilds/MotorhomeTraveller/wp-content/plugins/amazonsimpleadmin/AsaCore.php on line 2218
Guest blog from www.yescapa.com
5 Reasons You Should Visit Vineyards in France by Motorhome
Whether you’re a dedicated wine connoisseur or just someone looking to unwind with a glass of wine or two, visiting French vineyards via motorhome is a great vacation idea. Here are some of the great benefits to using this form of travel to explore France’s historic wine regions.
1. French Wine: Need I say more? France is the top producer of wine in the world and for good reason. The country is dedicated to producing wine not only for the personal consumption of the French, but also, one third of all wine produced is for export purposes. Various regions in France produce different types of wine, and this can help you in narrowing down your search on what vineyard to visit.
2. Variety: If you have a bit of time and you can’t decide on just one region to visit, you can drive your motorhome all across France and make your rounds. From Burgundy to the Champagne region, France is your oyster! You have less restrictions than you would if you were flying and booking hotels all across the country. You have a wider selection and can venture off in your motorhome sampling the reds, whites and rosés all across the country.
3. Sleep at vineyards: many Châteaux offer free parking space for motorhomes next to their vineyards. It’s a great opportunity to wake up surrounded by nature with beautiful views and you won’t have to worry about drinking and driving! It’s an unique experience and moreover you’ll keep your budget. For a wide range of vineyards or farms hosting motorhomers take a look at France Passion – See ‘Motorhome Traveller’s’ blog on France Passion here.
4. Local gastronomy: While traveling around the vineyards tasting and falling in love with various French wines, you’re sure to purchase some to take home. Make sure you also taste some other local specialities like saucisson, foie gras or cheese to pair with. Don’t worry about paying for excess luggage fees or stressing over how to lug your wine cases to your next destination. With your motorhome, you can buy as many bottles as you want (as long as they fit in the vehicle) whilst still exploring various regions.
5. Independence & Flexibility: Visiting the vineyards on a motorhome gives you total independence to create your own adventure. You are not confined to strict schedules or limited to activities set by a travel agency or tour guide so you get to explore the French vineyards your way and at your own pace. For even more flexibility you can choose whether bringing your motorhome on a ferry to France, taking the Eurotunnel or choosing a motorhome hire in France.