*Vicarious Media Press Release (Motorhome Traveller review coming soon!)*
All the Aires | Spain and Portugal | 5th Edition
Published – September 2017 A5 Paperback
384 full colour pages
RRP £18.50 including map
Exclusively available from Vicarious Media at www.vicarious-shop.com
- 636 inspected and photographed Aires across Spain and Portugal
- 203 reinspected Aires and 200 new Aires added since the 4th edition
- The only complete Aires guide for Spain and Portugal in English
- Up to three colour photos for every Aire
- GPS coordinates taken on site in GPS format: N51°04.795’ E001°08.333’
- Symbols key also in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French and German
- Designated Service Point only section for both countries
- 314 LPG Autogas stations listed with GPS coordinates
- 112 open all year campsites listed
- Foldout planning map included, highlighting toll roads
We are continuing to see a dramatic increase in Spanish and Portuguese registered motorhomes in use. This trend is reflected in the number of Aires opening across both countries, with 44% more Aires now open in Spain and 38% more Aires popping up in Portugal since 2015.
This was the last tour for our 4-year-old Ducato Pilote who ate up the 8,881 miles in May 2017 without so much as an oil top up (I did check every other day). During our Vicarious holiday Meli and I reinspected 203 existing and 200 new Aires. One Aire took a record-breaking 122-mile roundtrip to find.
Service points without, or having impractical, parking are listed at the rear of each country. This format is also found in All the Aires France. Service point only Aires are listed four per page with two photographs each instead of three.
In keeping with all Vicarious Aires guides, there are supplementary sections at the rear. Useful information sections include LPG stations, and motorway service areas with service points. To save wasted journeys, all the Aires that have closed since the 2nd edition are listed and where possible alternative Aires are identified.
The double-sided planning map is included in the £18.50 price. Aires are located on one side and LPG and campsites on the other. Both sides identify PAYG toll roads in dark blue. Portugal’s pre-pay electronic toll roads are pink.
In short, this guide is the complete package giving you all the information you need to plan a fantastic holiday using the ever-expanding Aires network across Spain and Portugal. Viva la vida autocaravanas!
The latest edition of All the Aires Spain and Portugal can be purchased for £18.50 through our brand new website at https://www.vicarious-shop.com/products/all-the-aires-spain-and-portugal-5th-edition.