Warning: preg_match_all(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 32 in /homepages/6/d593341166/htdocs/clickandbuilds/MotorhomeTraveller/wp-content/plugins/amazonsimpleadmin/AsaCore.php on line 2218
The Angel of the North
I have seen this fantastic work of art before. But her indoors has never been to the North East. So I decide that we would follow the A1 north so we could stop and absorb the splendour of “The Angel of the North”.
This work of art was designed by Anthony Gormley and was unveiled in 1998. It stands 20 metes high and is located just next to the A1 at Gateshead, South of Newcastle upon Tyne.
It really does dominate the skyline and standing next to it you really d feel dwarfed.
I read some facts on this, they are.
- The wingspan at 54m is larger than that of a jumbo jet
- It is made of 200 tonnes of steel
- It is seen by 90000 people every day due to its prominent location next to the A1
- It cost £800000 to build
- The concrete pile foundations are 20m deep
- It is believed to be the largest sculpture in the world
The source of these facts is www.gatehead.gov.uk